ISO 22716 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
What is ISO 22716?
It is cosmetics good manufacturing practices. Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is one of the pillars of the New European Regulationfor Cosmetics. This regulation sets very high requirements to ensure consumers’ safety. Amongstthese new legal requirements, all cosmetics products circulating onto the European Market will haveto be produced according to the Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices described by the ISO 22716standard.All participants in the cosmetics products chain, European and non-European, are concerned.Ingredients producers, products final assembler, distributors and importers/exporters, all actors areinvolved and new responsibilities have been defined.
What are the Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO 22716 certification?
Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices are a set of hands-on advice, operational rules andorganizational guidelines especially focused on human, technical and administrative factors affectingproduct quality. The objective of the GMP is to define the activities which lead to the final productcorresponding to the expected specifications, and therefore product safety.
ISO 22716 is the standard describing the Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices. It has been writtenin collaboration with cosmetics industry professionals and promotes best-in-class methods. The scopeof ISO 22716 is not only limited to production activities but also includes control, storage and expedition.
Why implement Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices, now?
- Validate the conformity of your Management System with the new legal requirements
- Prepare and facilitate legal inspections by Health Authorities
- Demonstrate to your stakeholders (retailers, product traders, importers…) that your processes andfacilities are in conformity with GMP
- Inspire consumers’ confidence
- Ensure access to your markets (in Europe and Worldwide)
- Enhance operating efficiency and competitive market appeal