ISO 10002:2014 Customer Complaint Handling Management System
What is ISO 10002:2014?
Customers expect more and more from the service you provide. And your competitors are working harder to meet these expectations. You can too with ISO 10002, the international standard for customer satisfaction. ISO 10002 provides you with guidelines for putting in place your own complaints management system – helping you to identify complaints, their cause and how to eliminate them. ISO 10002 will also allow you to identify areas in your business where you can improve and eventually remove the cause of complaints. The ISO 10002 standard outlines management controls and processes that help you to handle customer complaints more effectively and efficiently – making sure that more customers are satisfied with the service you provide.
ISO 10002:2014 provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance, and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system.
ISO 10002:2014 is not applicable to disputes referred for resolution outside the organization or for employment-related disputes.
It is also intended for use by organizations of all sizes and in all sectors. Annex A provides guidance specifically for small businesses.
ISO 10002:2014 addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:
- enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization’s ability to improve its product and customer service;
- top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- recognizing and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants;
- providing complainants with an open, effective, and easy-to-use complaints process;
- analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality;
- auditing of the complaints-handling process;
- reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.
What are the benefits?
- Achieve operational efficiency to identify trends and causes of complaints
- Resolve more complaints by adopting a more customer-focused approach
- Engage staff with new customer service training opportunities
- Integrate ISO 10002 with ISO 9001 to improve overall efficiency
- Monitor and continually improve your complaints handling process.
Implementing ISO 10002 customer complaints management:
There are many reasons to work with us to introduce and implement customer complaints management. That’s because we established the first complaints management system standard in 1999 (BS 860). This provided the foundations for the international standard ISO 10002. We can use this experience and knowledge to help you become an expert in managing customer complaints with your own ISO 10002 management system.