BRC FOOD SAFETYMANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
What is BRC?
The BRC (British Retail Consortium) was published by the union of British supermarket chains, the BRC. It requires documented approval to ensure food quality and safety.
These food quality and safety standards are published by retail trade groups. Any company wishing to supply its food products to those retailers must meet the required standards. The retailers request that an independent third party approves the quality and food safety system of the supplier.
Demand for food safety is growing. Consumers and authorities increasingly demand that the food we eat should offer high levels of quality and security. If a problem occurs, the source of error needs to be found quickly and the problem rectified. Demands are typically directed to the retail trade first, but responsibility spreads through the entire food chain to include food producers, primary producers and transporters.
- Access markets like UK, Germany, France & other markets where BRC is a requirement
- Strengthened relationships with retail distributors
- Increased transparency
- Reinforced customer confidence
- Streamlined production
- Minimization of significant food risks
- Effective control of internal processes and minimizing risk of failure
- Signal sent about a proactive approach to food safety
- Focus kept on your essential challenges
BRC with Qdot
Qdot’s unique consultancy methodology ensures focus on the areas and issues that are important to company’s business. Our consultants are industry specialists matched with company business needs, enabling an effective and robust assessment of your system.
BRC certification with Qdot helps to ensure ‘best practice’ with regards to food safety, leading to:
- Competitive advantage:Qdot is a market leader in the provision of food safety assessment, consultancy and training services, and some of the world’s best known organizations choose Qdot for their assessment& consultancy services.
- Continual improvement: Improve communications and processes around food safety throughout the organization, promote best practices and drive improvements across your supply chain.
- New business opportunities:Consultancy from Qdot significantly improves your ability to work with the many organizations where BRC Certification is a contractual obligation or expectation.